the obsessive hoarder Headline Animator
Monday, March 24, 2008
After struggling with this for a couple of weeks now, redoing 2 panels and trying to salvage the front one, I woke up this morning and knew it had to go as well.
Once the decision was made it came together fairly quickly after that.
The theme of windows and doors sort of evolved on it's own after the middle panel was finished- the only one that I started with any clear idea of what I wanted
The front panel is painted in crackle paste, both sides. I've used one of my junk doorknocker finds for the front.
The middle panel is my trusty texture paste, applied over copper tape across the opening and a transparency stuck on from the back. I've used Grungeboard hinges to hold the 3 panels together (not in the pics) and I'm pretty impressed with them
This is the front and back of the last panel, another do over, and bears no resemblance to to original layout.
All in all I'm fairly pleased finally with it. It goes in the post tomorrow, so no more tinkering!