the obsessive hoarder Headline Animator

Monday, June 23, 2008

my new baby


Isn't she cute, if I do say so myself.I have to say I'm pleased with this piece and will find it hard to part with. I may even have to make something else for the person I was going to give it to and keep it. I haven't gotten sick of the sight of it like I usually do with pieces that take a bit of time and effort, maybe because I made her in a weekend.
The hair was a happy accident with some Angelina, spray adhesive and a heat gun ( lucky I'm still here) and the body was constructed from a haul of watch and clock parts that I won on Ebay.

I have also managed to plan the layout for 2 other pieces, which I think I will give to my son for a housewarming gift.

9 comments:

azirca said...

She's fabulous, I can see why you don't want to part with her.
I love the paint effect and of course her hair.
Great piece!

Jen Crossley said...

This is so awesome Julian you have a really cutey there
Jen

Jaqi said...

Your work is amazing....I found your blog by accident and im so pleased i did, you are very talented and i have really enjoyed looking at your blog, Thank you, Jaqi

Linda M. Cain said...

I LOVE this..terrific work!
Linda Cain

Jen Crossley said...

Hi Julian I have left something for you on my blog
Jen

Cecile Nichols said...

Wow! She is really neat! Love that hair!! I'd want to keep her too!

Cecile

Cecile Nichols said...

Wow! She is really neat! I love her and that hair is outrageous! I'd want to keep her too!

Cecile

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, your artwork is really amazing. This girl is absolutely stunning. Love her hair.

Bevlea said...

Hey Julian

you've been tagged.. check out my blog at www.soularts.typepad.com!

cheers!!